2. I've never been on a two-week vacay before.
3. It was freaking amazeballs.
4. When we got there, my parents took one look at all my suitcases and told me it looked like I was MOVING to the beach (I wish) and teased me about overpacking.
5. I told them I had exactly enough to wear and that they'd be the ones who wished they packed more.* And, seriously, what did they mean "excess?" Who doesn't bring three pairs of shades to the beach? (And pick up another pair while there?)
6. I spent half my time dancing around--because, how can you not dance around at the beach?
7. And half my time watching the water, thinking. About life. And my WIP. And, you know, deep things. (Pun totally unintended and only discovered after rereading this post . . . )
8. My husband did not spend half the time thinking about deep things.
9. I read a LOT of books. And yes, they're kind of an eclectic mix. But y'all. The Passage? I mean, I don't read a lot of non-YA lit (which you'd never know based on the picture, ha) but o.m.g. The Passage was AWESOME.
|AND I read even more on my Kindle . . .|
11. The title of this post is literal, not just a reference to LMFAO. Seriously, we played cards for hours each day. Sevens, Oh Hell, Mi Mi . . . Ten points to anyone who's ever head of any of those games. They're superb. But so so so little known.
12. The title of this post IS also an LMFAO reference. Because I saw them in concert with Kesha last Sunday. Superb time. Blog post to come with pics!
So tell me: Have you been on vacay this summer? How have your Augusts been? Have you ever played any of the card games I mentioned?
*I was wrong. They were right.