It's that time of year! Time to make my... <insert drum roll>...
New Year Resolutions!
"You Pick Two"
aka: I'd take two out of the three if push came to shove...
- Find a fabulous agent
- Get published by a kickass publishing agency
- Make millions
aka: I have control over these things... no shipping/querying/begging required...
- Write new (stand alone) project--first draft complete by end of March
- Write second book in Shattered Trilogy (tentatively titled: Pieces of Pearls)
- Write third book in Shattered Trilogy OR second stand alone novel
- Balance time better between being a wife and a writer
- Host at least four blog contests
- Be more responsive to comments left on The Babbling Flow (sorry about the recent lack thereof! the past few weeks have been crazy hectic with holiday visitors/anniversaries/laziness...)
- Read at least 150 books
"Buy One, Get One Half Off"
aka: 100% chance that I'll go to one of these, 50% chance I'll go to both
- LA SCBWI Conference in July
- Weeklong Writing Workshop at the Amalfi Coast Music & Arts Festival
aka: these would be really nice add-ons!
- Increase blog followership to at least 250
- Write fourth book in 2010
- Celebrate with my CPs when each of them becomes agented/published!!
How I'll be spending my first day of 2010:
- taking my sister and her kitties to the airport
(sad face... tears actually... sobfest 2010 & an entire box of tissues demolished)
- writing an almost kiss scene from Frankie's No Kiss Blogfest
(happy face, in writing cap)
- finish reading Shannon's chapters... that I promised her like a WEEK ago!
(apologetic cringe and then happy face, in editing cap)
- start my NEW project!!
(SUPER GRINNING FACE)
- plan my entry for LTWF's Book Trailer Contest
(furrowed brows & lips bitten... nervous because I'm technologically challenged... I'd never be able to do something like THIS)
What are YOU up to?