2. I mean, I know how to use it--but I feel so out of the loop with twitter convos! Plus it's like the "witty remarks" section of my brain freezes when I sign in. Ah, well... I'm sure I'll get the hang of it again soon!
3. At the end of September I had a molar extracted. It's my own fault really, I split the tooth like a year and a half ago, but am so scared of the dentist that it took me that long to make an appointment. And because I waited so long it came down to a very special root canal that would cost $2k after insurance, or an extraction for like $100 including laughing gas.
4. I love laughing gas.
5. But there is no sound in the world as creepy as the sound of your tooth forcibly being cracked out of your mouth. Seriously, my dentist took these plier looking things and broke the bone out.
6. In four different pieces.
7. That's four times the fun of listening to breaking bone.
8. IN MY MOUTH.
9. Did you just shudder? I do, every time I think about it.
10. I went back a week later to have a filling done, but they didn't do the filling because the wound in my mouth was still open.
11. Just kill me now.
12. I miss chips and carrot sticks* and other crunchy foods that I still can't eat.
13. In other news, I'm going to see the Washington National Opera perform Salome tonight! I can't wait. I've never been to an opera before. In my mind, I'll be all Julia Roberts from Pretty Woman tonight.
Something like this:
Me: How do I look?
Husband: Hm... There's something missing.
Me: Well nothing else is gonna fit in this dress.
Husband: Maybe something in this box.
I reach my hand out
Husband slaps the box closed
I laugh hysterically
Husband: No, really. Can you hold my cell in your purse?
That thing's big enough to hold a freaking elephant.
Me: So. You said this is in
So how am I gonna know what they're saying?
Husband: Believe me, you'll understand.
There's a translation running on the screen above the stage
And finally, at the end:
My eyes fill with tears at the beauty of the scene.
Husband looks at me
and realizes how much he loves me
Husband: What? You got allergies or something?
14. Anyway, I'm super excited because we're hanging out with Cristin Terrill afterward!! She totally rocks and sometimes we get together at Starbucks
15. Have you seen this yet? Just in case you haven't, I'm posting it because it's freaking AWESOME. And it's in lieu of my Friday Funny this week! SO, enjoy!!
Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake
rap through the history of hip-hop
From Sugarhill Gang's Rapper's Delight all the way through
Jay Z and Alicia Keys' Empire State of Mind
16. The winner of the SIGNED copy of Siren by Tricia Rayburn is...
*tosses sparkles and glitter*
17. In sad news, I lost two blog followers on Monday. This makes me sad. I love you guys! Don't leave me! I've been out of the blog loop recently, due to the aforementioned revision, but I'm slowly wading back in...
18. I'm announcing a pretty awesome contest next week! I hope you'll all stop by!
19. How have your weeks been so far? Anything fun and exciting? Or, you know, gross like my dental story?
*that is a BLATANT lie. I don't miss carrot sticks at all
Thanks for stopping by!!