"WORDS ARE, IN MY NOT-SO-HUMBLE OPINION, OUR MOST INEXHAUSTIBLE SOURCE OF MAGIC. CAPABLE OF BOTH INFLICTING INJURY, AND REMEDYING IT." ~ALBUS DUMBLEDORE

Thursday, November 10, 2011

8 Commonly Misused Words

I have a problem. Her name is Pinterest.

source

Pinterest, meet my followers. They are all fabulous and I heart them. Followers, meet Pinterest. She's a total time suck, and yet I love her oh, so much. Seriously. She's like a virtual collage for EVERYTHING YOU COULD EVER THINK OF. And, let's be serious, who doesn't love a good collage?

What's that? You already know Pinterest? I should have known. Pinterest, that little minx, really gets around.

Want to know if you're a Pinterest addict? Here are the top ten signs you might have a problem... (Number 1 FOR THE WIN.)

So, um, I thought maybe I'd put my addiction to good use (okay, fine, that's kind of subjective--or maybe even nothing more than an excuse--in this case) and share some of the things I find. Like for instance, today, I've got this handy little guide for 8 commonly misused words. And, okay, most of these are easy peasy lemon squeezy --but confession? Yeah, I didn't actually know complement was a word. I've used compliment both ways forever. Whoops. And fewer and less get me every. single. time. (Which, for a former math teacher is kind of ridiculous . . . )

Pin
Source


Tada! See, you learned something. Or maybe you didn't. But let's just pretend you did, okay? And that all my time wasted spent on Pinterest is very beneficial for my wellbeing AND yours.

:)

Oh, and if you want to see my boards (hehe, it sounds dirty but IT ISN'T), you can find me HERE.

Have you succumbed to the big P(interest) yet? Or are you being strong and holding  out??

Most recent pin to make me giggle:

pin



14 comments:

  1. Oh man, Pinterest is my crack <3

    Also, I totallllly want a unicorn bike now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been hearing all about it lately. Even skimmed around the site. I still don't get it. Can't you just go to Google images and find nifty pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely all over it, thanks to my cousin. Now I can collect as many cute kitten pictures as the internets can hold. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would've loved that bike as a kid.
    Lay and lie is the one I still struggle with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that "Haters gonna hate..." :)

    Funnily enough, I've got a bit of Pinterest planned for my blog post tomorrow. I'm equally obsessed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is that the same person with the Alot blog?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, you know I'm all over it. But I'm fairly picky about what I'll actually pin, so my boards are slow to grow. Except for cute animal pictures, of course. I have found tons of ideas for Christmas decorations, though! I'm so excited to start decorating this year!
    And yes, I've made lots of the recipes I've found there. I'l always on the lookout for new stuff, though, so it's cool.

    I did drag my MIL to the computer this weekend and force her to look at all my holiday pins, but she totes loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, I already spend way too much time on Pinterest. Gonna have to use its powers for good instead of evil soon, or it may swallow my spare time completely. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holding out. I don't need another time suck. I already have so many!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, love the flammable/inflammable one! And that unicorn bike is way too cool--I want it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such good advice. Now I am finding my work even more distracting. I will however know how to use my words correctly :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have an account! But I haven't played yet, I keep hearing how addicted I'll be. :)

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love when you have things to add :)