"WORDS ARE, IN MY NOT-SO-HUMBLE OPINION, OUR MOST INEXHAUSTIBLE SOURCE OF MAGIC. CAPABLE OF BOTH INFLICTING INJURY, AND REMEDYING IT." ~ALBUS DUMBLEDORE

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Well hello, stranger. (With pictures!) (And winners!)

Holy guacamole, you guys. I feel like it's still early November. HOW is it that Christmas is basically knocking at the door? Jeez. Seriously.

Wait.

I mean...

YAY!

Because I love Christmas. I love this entire season. It's just . . . it's flown by! I haven't updated here in forever. (Which, okay, is really only twenty days. But STILL. I've missed you.) The past few months have been jam-packed. Don't get me wrong, I've been having fun. BUT I'm still sitting here scratching my head, wondering where all the time went.

So. Here are the things I've been up to:

1. WRITING. This WIP. Ohmygoshiloveitsomuch. But it. is. killing. me. My characters are a little out of control, and they keep forcing me in directions I didn't want to go in. But, you know, I follow them just to see what they think will make this story good. And usually they're right. Except I keep having to make changes and cut away HUGE chunks and rewrite. And I'm only drafting at this stage. But seriously? I'm LOVING EVERY SECOND. Because these characters are just. so. special to me.

2. I went to Jamaica for Thanksgiving!! I got bronchitis while there (ugh it lasted FIVE days), but it was still the best vacay I've ever been on. (Plus, the bronchitis helped me to quit smoking. Three weeks down and going strong, baby!)

Swimming with dolphins? Freaking awesome experience.
We saw this nurse shark while snorkeling. Honestly. Scared the &%^$ out of me.
The sunsets? Yeah, pretty much out of this world. 
This is just for the few of you who don't believe I have naturally curly hair :)

3. I had my 3 year wedding anniversary! And with my vast three years of marriage knowledge, I can say this: Marriage is amazing and difficult and complete happiness and always evolving with high highs and low lows and takes a ridiculous amount of work. And it is the most fun I've ever had in my entire life. Especially these days.

The past three years have been a crazy, stomach-dropping, exhilarating ride.
I can't catch my breath, and I love it.

4. WORK. I've been working a lot at my (usually part-time) day job. It's an awesome place to work, everyone there is for serious awesomesauce. But dang does a full day's work take toll on my creativity. Mad props (oh yeah, I totally did just use that expression) to everyone who writes and works full-time. Respect.

ALSO. I need to pick winners for my Tangled Tides giveaway! I'm so sorry I dropped the ball on this. In fact, to make it up to you guys, I'm going to give away three copies instead of two.

Aaaaaand the winners are:

Katie

Krispy

Linda G

Congratulations! You should have an email from me asking for your mailing address, so send it to me, and I'll get the FABULOUS books out to you ASAP!

I hope everyone's doing well and enjoying the holiday season! Or the winter season. Or whatever! I'll be back soon(ish). 

xo

9 comments:

  1. Yay! Thanks for this, and I will totes be emailing you soon!

    Your vacation looks like it was amazing, and I suppose it's fitting that you had the Tangled Tides post followed by this one, where you swam with dolphins and avoided sharks. :) Also, congrats on your anniversary AND on kicking the smoking habit! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that Mister Sara? We finally get to see him! Awesome times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful vacation pictures, Sara!!
    I hope you and Mr. Sara (thanks, Matthew) had a fabulous anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Thank you. I'll email you my address.

    I've been married for (yikes!) ten times as long as you have, and you know what? It's still amazingly wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jamaica looks amazing!! Happy anniversary to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous pictures!

    I think ignoring the blog a little is perfectly acceptable when you are out having amazing experiences. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to the winners, though I'm just a *tiny* bit envious. More to be envious about? Your fabulous vacation! That sunset is gorgeous, and you and your husband are adorable! Glad you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dude, yeah, Christmas? What in the world? But Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome pics, Sara. I too have naturally curly hair. Some days I hate it, most days I love it.

    And super excited for you and your WIP! Let those characters lead you! I love where mine take me.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love when you have things to add :)