"WORDS ARE, IN MY NOT-SO-HUMBLE OPINION, OUR MOST INEXHAUSTIBLE SOURCE OF MAGIC. CAPABLE OF BOTH INFLICTING INJURY, AND REMEDYING IT." ~ALBUS DUMBLEDORE

Monday, December 19, 2011

Hunger Games MANIA. I'm sooooo into it.

I've been tweeting so much about Hunger Games recently, I figured I should make a blog post out of it.

FIRST:

Dude. You guys know how I am about nail polish. (And just in case you're new here, Sara = total NP junkie.) There was some controversy over whether or not there actually would be a polish collection tied to the movie, and for a while it looked like a no-go. BUT:
The controversy is over. After weeks of back and forth about whether the collection would ever see the light of day, fans of The Hunger Games can rest assured that they will be able to cover their digits in the gold of Cinna's eyeliner. The nail polish collection is, once and for all, confirmed.  
source: bellasugar.com.au
And last week China Glaze released a swatch of planned colors from their upcoming "Colours from the Capitol" collection! *happy dances*

SOURCE

Which ones are your faves? (Mine are are listed in my tweet.)


SECOND:


Eleven different designers played around and created Katniss's fire dress. 

Awesome.Sauce. 

Awesome-dot-sauce. 

I mean, is there really any other way to say it? How much FUN are these designs??? 

Tadashi Shoji's is my fave: 


But I LOVE the cape in Christian Siriano's: 

SOURCE: stylecaster.com 

Which ones are YOUR faves?


THIRD:

Okay, this one is allllll thanks to Cristin Terrill. She discovered this spoof of the trailer, and tweeted about it. But I couldn't NOT include it in my post :) But still, all the credit goes to her. (Well, and the peeps who made the trailer . . . )







Hilarious.


FOURTH:

AND of course you've already seen this (unless you're living in a box buried under sand under the deepest depths of the ocean) but who DOESN'T want to watch it at least once a day? Or, okay, confession? MORE THAN ONCE.

The official Hunger Games trailer.


Yep. I got chills for the millionth time watching the trailer again before embedding it in this post. I am SO CISED for this movie. 

will be at the midnight showing. 

Who's with me?

16 comments:

  1. Ok, I admit, I haven't read these books. I tend to shy away from hype but since I kind of want to see the movie, I suppose I should read them. And wow, that nail polish is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also a nail polish junkie. I'm probably going to have to get some Hunger Games nail polish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Brilliant spoof vid.

    And I'm going with Agro for the NP color. I like green.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must have that cape!
    I would pick Fast Track, yup.
    I about fell out of my chair watching that spoof, and I will not count how many Xs I've watched the official trailer. Will March ever come?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for this movie!! I'll def be at the midnight showing. And possibly buying some nail polish... Hmm, those are some great colors, it'll be hard to pick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't get enough of that trailer. Seriously. I have watched it so many times. WHEEE.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, that spoof was awesome.

    And with the nail colors I want stone cold or smoke and ashes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its sooo pretty. I miss nail polish. I have CHILDREN who magically repel all polish. And longer fingernails.

    I like the first dress. And it's physically painful not to be able to play that spoof right now. Have to wait 'till the coast is clear on the boss front.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been avoiding the trailer because I was terrified it would look 'wrong' somehow! So many movies don't live up to the book - but you convinced me to watch this and I agree - it's completely awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Luxe and Lush is my fave. <3 But I also really like Fast Track and Stone Cold.

    Happy Christmas!

    Love,
    L

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm buying the first dress, painting my nails with HG polish, and taking my daughter and her friends to the midnight showing. CAN'T WAIT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nail polish is pretty safe thing to be a junkie for.
    +followed

    ReplyDelete
  13. That video is ridiculous. hahahaha! Also, I feel like I have to watch the trailer regularly. Just to remind myself it's truly coming!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love you, Sara, and all your NP fetishes. That is all. The cape dress is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love when you have things to add :)