- Carol explains why you should take the time to interview your main character... In fact, if you do - send her the transcripts and she'll post them on her blog!
- Simon wrote a really amazing short story for a contest... and he WON
- Georgia announced a "new adult" (older than "young adult" material) submissions contest. It ends on November 20th, and is co-hosted by JJ of the St. Martin’s Press editorial department.
- My homegirl Hot Blonde in the Kitchen, is posting daily entries with delicious recipes and tips to help you prepare for the Thanksgiving holiday. Seriously, the girl's no joke.
- My friend Jenn just started a blog. She muses about life, straight from the heart, and is very entertaining :)
- Shannon created an absolutely, MUST WATCH, hysterical video of her editing/adverb-karate-chopping Ninjadillo. I heart Ninjadillo. In fact, the picture at the bottom of this blog is of me using crucial ninja skills of my own. I'm hoping Shannon will show it to Ninjadillo and that he'll want to be my friend.
- Andrew wrote out some crucial writing tips. He wrote them for nanowrimo participants, but they are applicable to ALL writers. Definitely check them out.
- Wendy gives us all the secret to publication. Truly the Holy Grail of how to get published posts.
- Kari Anne did something SO COOL. She allowed facebook and twitter friends to throw any word they wanted to at her. Then, she made a list of all the words and wrote them into one short story. Fabulously. You should definitely READ IT!
Finally, one last bit of entertainment. (Really, this is just for Ninjadillo, but still...) This is me at a friend's wedding last summer pretending that I was a ninja... using bouquets as nunchucks.
Take me seriously. I am very scary.