Now that I've received the Kreativ Blogger, I will pass the award on to 7 of my favorite bloggers (who must follow the following instructions).
- Copy and paste the pretty picture in which you see on the top left corner onto your own blog.
- Thank the person who gave you the award and post a link to their blog.
- Write 7 things about yourself we do not know.
- Choose 7 other bloggers to award.
- Link to those 7 other bloggers.
- Notify your 7 bloggers.
- Do a little dance because you just won the KREATIV BLOGGER award! (I added this rule because it's what I did and it was FUN)
Now... Here are 7 things that you probably don't know about me:
- I've been skydiving and LOVED it! I really want to go again, but somehow in the 7 years since my first experience, I've developed this weird fear of heights...
- I was part of an Olympic training group as a gymnast when I was younger (thankfully I realized that the life was being sucked out of me and quit while I was ahead)
- I've never had a favorite color. I can't ever just pick one! Right now I'm really diggin' crimson reds and deep purples.
- In the past year, I've gotten two tattoos. An ensō on my wrist (I blogged about it a while ago) and a thick outline of an island flower on my foot. They're both in black ink, and I am infatuated with them!
- I hate being sick, but I secretly like when my voice is raspy.
- I am obsessed with boots. I claim to be a "summer" girl - in that I absolutely love and live for warm weather... but I love, love, love winter boots and therefor could never give up on cold weather completely. I have about a million and a half pairs.
- I cannot stand when two different textured things rub against each other - for example: a marker across a pillow case, or a cloth texture between someone's teeth (my husband bit his collar the other day just to make me gag)... To me, it's equivalent to people scratching their nails down chalkboards.
- Alexandra Shostak of
http://lazy-iris.livejournal.com/. You may recognize the name, as she wrote a fabulous guestpost for me yesterday about steampunk. Alexandra is an extremely talented writer and, I've recently discovered, a photoshop wizard. She also lives in a haunted town. Super cool.
Oh, and one more thing - she's also a part of a new group of writing bloggers on http://letthewordsflow.wordpress.com/.
- Carolina Valdez Miller of
http://carol-in-print.blogspot.com/. Carolina is a fellow Young Adult (YA) fantasy writer. I love her blog! She's also very active with me in the new #amwritingparty twitter group. She's full of inspiring words for other writers - you'd be silly not to follow her!
- Georgia McBride of http://georgiamcbridebooks.wordpress.com/ Georgia is pretty much amazing. It's the only way I know how to describe her :) Her first book, PRAEFATIO, is out on submission and Georgia's hard at work on the second in the series. (I got to read the first two chapters of PRAEFATIO and it is definitely something to look forward to!)
- Hot Blonde of http://hotblondeinthekitchen.blogspot.com/ HB is my oldest friend. She was in the same training group that I was back in the gymnastics days. She's writing a cookbook and posts really phenomenal recipes on her blog! Complete with step-by-step instructions for those of us (ahem, ME) who aren't culinary geniuses.
- Jenni Bailey of http://jennibailey.com/.
Jenni is writing a young adult novel and her blog is fun to follow :) Although, whether reading her blog, or twittering with Jenni, I always endup craving cupcakes... I wonder why? ;-)
- Karen Hooper of http://karenamandahooper.blogspot.com/ I just recently started following Karen's blog, but I already love it! She's finished one book, The Kindrily, and is working on more in the series. I can't wait for it to get published - I'm already hooked!
- Kristin Miller of Long Distance Drive
Her posts are insightful and I always look forward to seeing something new. Kristin has an agent and her first novel is out on submission. She's also a part of http://yahighway.blogspot.com/, another blog I frequently visit.