"WORDS ARE, IN MY NOT-SO-HUMBLE OPINION, OUR MOST INEXHAUSTIBLE SOURCE OF MAGIC. CAPABLE OF BOTH INFLICTING INJURY, AND REMEDYING IT." ~ALBUS DUMBLEDORE

Sunday, February 14, 2010

WIN LINGER! Nine Chances... That's right, NINE.

As you know, Shiver is one of my favorite books of all time. I love it. Grace and Sam. The love story gripped me and I read it in one night... didn't go to bed until the sun came up and only after I sent an e-mail to my friends/family who were on the look out for something paranormal to fall in love with. And every single one of them has since e-mailed me back (or told me in conversation) that I was dead on and they LOVED IT also.

So you can imagine that when Maggie Stiefvater announced a contest for an ARC of Linger I was all about it!  I mean, I'm about to look up voodoo techniques to increase my chances of winning. If I have to hop on one leg with a snake wrapped around my neck and chant "FARFANOPOLIS*" every day until the contest is over--I'm DOING it.

And, in fact, as soon as I'm done posting this, I'll be off to make my lucky voodoo underwear, just like this guy instructs:






Linger Cover LargeIn Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other.  Now, in Linger, they must fight to be together. For Grace, this means defying her parents and keeping a very dangerous secret about her own well-being. For Sam, this means grappling with his werewolf past . . . and figuring out a way to survive into the future. Add into the mix a new wolf named Cole, whose own past has the potential to destroy the whole pack.  And Isabelle, who already lost her brother to the wolves . . . and is nonetheless drawn to Cole.

 At turns harrowing and euphoric, Linger is a spellbinding love story that explores both sides of love -- the light and the dark, the warm and the cold -- in a way you will never forget.


Comes out in stores everywhere July 20th. Pre-order here.

Enter to win an advanced review copies of LINGER, Sisters Red, The Dead-Tossed Waves, and The Replacement on Maggie's blog.





*For the record, farfanopolis is not a real word. I made it up in imagining what I might have to chant...


♥ Sara

6 comments:

  1. Oh! Thanks for the heads up! I LOVED Shiver and The Forest of Hands and Teeth so look forward to both of their sequels!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going over to check it out now. Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link - exciting stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the links! *scurries off to sign up*

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Clean my little lucky underwear...clean!" Hahaha!

    OMG, I'm so doing this. But um, can they be of the Vicky's variety? Do they have to be boxer briefs? I mean, I likey likey boxer briefs, but they're not that flattering on me. Or that comfortable.

    I've yet to read Shiver. I know. *holds out hands for the switch* But I will get it probably this week. Still, even if I love it, I hope you win the ARC cuz you deserve it. I'll use my lucky underwear for something else. Like, maybe I'll win a cornucopia of Green and Black's White chocolate with Madagascan vanilla. That would totally make my day.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love when you have things to add :)