I have an Internet favorites folder titled "writing". This folder houses several subfolders: "agents to query", "writing tips", "inspiration", "editing info", etc. Whenever I come across a website, or blog post, that's really helpful, I save it to one of my writing folders.
Today, I wanted to point out some of my favorite writing blog posts from the past few weeks. Enjoy!!
- A guest post (by THE INTERN) on Rhiannon's blog outlining a manuscript's journey through a publishing house
- Shannon's lesson about scene lengths
- For those of you who write YA, Georgia McBride's got a special scheduled #YALitChat coming up! January 27th, at 3pm, International Marketing of US YA Books
- Anne Riley's guest post on the Guide to Literary Agents Editor's Blog, about how she found her agent
- Simon's Short Fiction Guide for Recalcitrant Novelists
- Carol's notes on dialogue
- Iapetus999's list of the top writer's blogs of 2009. (Okay, I'm kind of tooting my own horn here because he listed ME! But there are some other really great blogs listed - you should definitely check them out!)
- Also, Iapetus999's most recent post about story structure (the entire series is worth a read)
- Though I missed it (SO BUMMED), Shannon Delaney hosted a twitter chat on December 10th with other authors debuting in 2010. Hopefully they'll have more - so keep an eye out on her blog!
- June Hur's post on Let the Words Flow re: making a book trailer (in 10 easy steps)
- For those of you new to twitter, check out inkygirl's Writer's Guide To Twitter (okay so this one's more than a few weeks old, but it's a FANTASTIC resource!)
- Roni's post about structuring the middle of your story
- Kathryn Craft's post on The Blood-Red Pencil about dialogue interruptions
- Wendy's secret to publication
- Courtney's post about the way she plots her novels
Oh, and PS. I'm awfully close to 100 followers. When I reach that magic number, I just may have a super awesome contest... Just sayin'