"WORDS ARE, IN MY NOT-SO-HUMBLE OPINION, OUR MOST INEXHAUSTIBLE SOURCE OF MAGIC. CAPABLE OF BOTH INFLICTING INJURY, AND REMEDYING IT." ~ALBUS DUMBLEDORE

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

May I Have the Envelope Please?

I am really, really behind on giving out awards!! Pardon this long post, but I want to make sure to give credit where credit is due!

First up:


Thanks to Diana Paz, at Writing Roller Coasters AND Shannon Messenter, from Ramblings of a Wannabe Scribe! For this award, From Me to You (aka the Picasso Award) I am charged with passing it on to seven other bloggers and telling you seven MORE things about myself! Ooooooh man. Hope you're not sick of learning about me yet, lol! I'll try to make them short and sweet... But first, here are the 7 blogs that I want to pass this to!
  1. Anne Riley, at Anne Riley
  2. Jemi Fraser, at Just Jemi
  3. Jonathan Danz, at Words and Coffee
  4. Kelly Lyman, at Kelly's Compositions
  5. Carol Valdez Miller, at Carol's Prints
  6. Alexandra Shostak, at The Publication Follies of Miss Alexandra Shostack
  7. Calista Taylor, at A Steampunk Reverie
AND here are 7 new things about ME!!
  1. I'm going to Italy for a week and then Greece for a week in Summer 2010!!
  2. The names of three characters in my new WIP are: Catia, Anatole, and Tevin.
  3. I'm in a crit group with Alexandra and Carol. They ROCK. And I'm crit partners with Shannon, who ALSO rocks!
  4. Similar to Shannon's Ella, I have Gray Kitty. Surprisingly, she's a stuffed animal - a gray cat. I've had her since the day that I was born and it's a RARE night that I don't sleep with her. When I was younger, I couldn't decide on a name that was important enough to match what she meant to me, so I stuck with Gray Kitty. Her head kinda looks like that of a seal because I chewed off her ears years ago...
  5. I just started watching Dexter, and I'm pretty much obsessed.
  6. I'm HUGE on scents that I like. I always have a candle lit while I write. And since we don't have a tree this year, I light pine-scented candles all day long! My favorite perfume is still what I wore in 8th grade (White Musk from the Body Shop.) Though I have a HUGE collection of perfumes because, as previously stated, I have a thing about things that smell good :-)
  7. I love swans.
Next: 

Thanks so much to Shannon O'Donnell, at Book Dreaming!  This award is given to five other blogs... Five other UPLIFTING blogs that find a silver lining even on those gray days. How fun! There are a lot of blogs who I run to when I need some uplifting, so this was a hard choice. But, the following five nominees ALWAYS make me smile at what they've written! Whether in nostalgia, or at self-debricating humor, or youtube videos, or just general good nature... they're all superb!  My five nominees are:
  1. Lisa and Laura, at Lisa and Laura Write
  2. Sherrinda, at A Writer Wannabe
  3. Shannon Messenger, at Ramblings of a Wananbe Scribe
  4. Frankie Diane Mallis, at Frankie Writes
  5. Princess Courtney, at Southern Princess

Next up, we've got the:



A huge thank you to Carol Valdez Miller, at Carol's Prints! This award, created by Elizabeth Spann Craig, has the following (very easy) rules!

You can post this image to your blog…or not.

You may share this award with others…if you like.
You may adapt or alter this image in any way.

The blogs that I am sending this award to are my favorite writing group blogs:
  1. The fabulous ladies of The First Novels Club
  2. The similarly fabulous ladies of Let the Words Flow
Shannon O. also granted me the Honest Scrap award! Thanks Shannon :-) I've already passed that one on though, so click here to see where that one went!

Frankie tagged me in the writing TAG survey, but I'd also already answered those questions!  Thanks so much for thinking of me though Frankie!  Click here to read my answers!

Okay. So, this was a long post, but I just follow so many fabulous blogs!! If you haven't already discovered the writers/readers behind the blogs I've linked to... hightail it over there!! Because they're all AWESOME!


xoxoxxo

♥ me

25 comments:

  1. Hehehehe! Thanks for the awards, Sweetie!!!! I love getting them and so does the FNC-WOOT and I'm going to check your tag blog right now....*scurries away

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a sweetie, Sara! Thank you :)

    I know many of the people you've passed the awards on to, but not all. Hopefully I'll have time over the holidays to check them all out. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! You highlighted some great bloggers, and we're thrilled to be included!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, you are so sweet. Thank you, hon. And here I thought I was all caught up on blog awards ;) But what a lovely award to fall behind with. Many thanks, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THANK YOU SARA!!

    I am honored! I have got to do the same type of catching up and I am glad to add this one to my list!

    You are so sweet & I look forward to your blog so much! Oh yeah, your prize should be there by Saturday or early next week. I thought yours had gone out at the end of last week, but it had somehow slid into the back of my Jeep. *sheepishlygrins* so um, I shipped it today! Consider it a NEW YEAR's PRIZE! woohoo ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Sara! And thank you so much for the award! We're so honored! Have a wonderful holiday and a happy new year! We're so happy that we met you in 2009 and can't wait to see what 2010 brings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, I was checking out the other blogs and then heard the music and did a double take. I have a playlist ready to put up tomorrow with the exact same two songs. Exact! Great minds, my dear...

    I love the Canon, but this is such an amazing version.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carol, that is too funny! Great minds for sure :-) Even the Sinead version with yours too? I LOVE IT!!

    LiLa, you're welcome! You were the first two I thought of for the award you won! Because your blog makes me smile every time I visit! aka pretty much every day, haha.

    Southern Princess, yay! I can't wait! And no worries about the timing. I'm just so excited in the first place :-)

    Donna, how could I NOT include you guys? Your blog rocks!!

    Jemi, if you have time over the holidays, you definitely should! They're all amazing... JUST LIKE YOURS :-)

    Frankie, hope you enjoyed the survey, haha. it was LOOOOOOONG!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the awards, good lady! They're much deserved, I think.

    Yay for everyone you passed 'em on to, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the links. I see some blogs that I haven't read. And good luck with your edit of Shattered. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, Sara you're so sweet. Thanks for the shout out and the award and for being an AMAZING CP, and all I can say is: Stuffed Animal Lovers Unite! But, um..where's the picture of Gray Kitty?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your awards, Sara! You deserve them! And I love the new layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on all of your awards!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Way to go, popular girl! You totally deserve all the recognition, and thanks again for being a ray of sunshine for us all! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for the Picasso award! You're too sweet. Btw, if you need any info on Greece before you go, just let me know-- I lived there for a little while. : ) You're going to have such a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Italy and Greece? How fun!!! I love your character names. Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  17. On behalf of the 'fabulous ladies' at Let The Words Flow, thanks for the shout-out!

    -Savannah J. Foley

    ReplyDelete
  18. Look at all your sparkly awards! How fun. Thanks for the honor!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Goodness girl, you are loved, as evidenced by so many awards! Congratulations! And thank YOU for mine! You totally made my day. To hear that my blog has been uplifting in anyway just puts a smile on my heart. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations on all your awards! You deserve them, and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dear god, you have yet another award!

    So deserved :)

    Merry Christmas honey!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your blog is beautiful. Have a delightful Christmas and may you discover many dreams in the coming year, and may many dreams come true!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations, and happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on the awards, and thank you for the holiday music. :) My daughter loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I always get teary-eyed when I hear Christmas Canon, too. So beautiful.

    Congratulations on all of your awards! You totally deserve them. I'll have to check out your winners when things slow down around here:)

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love when you have things to add :)