"WORDS ARE, IN MY NOT-SO-HUMBLE OPINION, OUR MOST INEXHAUSTIBLE SOURCE OF MAGIC. CAPABLE OF BOTH INFLICTING INJURY, AND REMEDYING IT." ~ALBUS DUMBLEDORE

Thursday, December 10, 2009

My Playlist and the Superior Scribbler Award!

So, thanks to Frankie over at Frankie Writes, I've discovered a way to share music selections with you! I've added a playlist to the bottom of the blog (look, it's pretty and pink and everything!) If your volume isn't muted, you've already heard a random song from my selection.

What I've added to it are songs that I listen to while thinking about my next project. (Okay, okay... some of them are songs from Shattered's playlist as well - but I just LOVE them so much that they always inspire me!)
(picture found here)

I set it to play automatically - and in a random order (in case you only hop over for a minute or two, you won't have to listen to the same song each time). So I hope you enjoy!! (And if not, there's a pause button you can click on...)


Next up - Shannon awarded me with the Superior Scribbler!! Seriously, I am on cloud nine. Thanks so much Shannon - seriously, the awards make me blush! And I also find them oddly motivating in my writing process...


What I'm to do with the award is pass it on to 5 other blogs that I've recently enjoyed reading! My selection is really phenomenal - so you should absolutely hop over to the blogs if you don't already stalk them the same way that I do!
  1. Angie Kate, over at Always Write
  2. Shannon O'Donnell, Book Dreaming
  3. Valerie, I Should Be Writing
  4. Liana, Liana Brooks
  5. Rhiannon, Rhiannon Hart
Again - if you haven't checked out these blogs... you must. MUST.

♥ me

17 comments:

  1. I always set my music on random - my daughter uses playlists, but I like the surprise.

    Congrats on the awards - & great choices to pass along :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo yay! My random song is Winter Song which is soooooo pretty I never listened before. I'll have to listen to the rest of the list, especially bc I already know you have good taste in music! :-) And congrats on the award!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the musical blog, good lady! And thanks for the links, too. My blog list is getting ridiculously long now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Sara! I am super-surprised and honored. :) This is too funny, though, because I have an award waiting for you at my blog, too! ha ha Come and see!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so funny. I just made up a playlist, but I wanted a cool skin for it, cuz I'm weird like that, and haven't thought of one yet.

    Mine random song is Long Time Traveller. Very Nice.

    Will be sure to check out the other blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I just came by to give you an award... I see you're racking them in! You have a lovely blog and they're all well-deserved. And I listen to music as I think about my projects too! It's such a powerful source of feeling :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jemi - I like the surprise too! Especially when I know that I love every single song, so whatever comes up will be wonderful. Though sometimes I write scenes with very specific songs on - to try and capture the mood :-)

    Frankie - glad you liked the song... It's one of my faves!!

    Simon, no kidding! My list is ridiculously long, but there are just so many awesome blogs out there in the writing (and reading!) community.

    Thanks Shannon! I will hop over now to check it out!!

    oooooh Carol, I can't wait to hear your playlist! I think music selections tell you much about a person... Not that I don't already know you and think you're wonderful though :-) I wanted a cool skin too, but have NO idea how to do it, haha.

    Aw, Diana thank you SO much! Seriously, what a great way to start my day! (Okay, yes I know it's almost 2pm, but I was up LATE!) Scent and beautiful music are my two most absolute favorite sources of motivation. I always light a yummy candle while I write :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bravo! A great addition to an already enjoyable "escape" for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much Sara! And congrats on your award. I'm going to check out the other blogs now. (They're amazing by the way, good choices.)

    (Embarrassing typo in the first comment!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your awards! You really deserve them:)

    Uninvited was playing when I popped over. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the awards! Love the play list!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the award and thanks so much for picking me! I finally got them posted on my blog. Sorry it took me so long!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on two awards :) Can't wait to read your seven things!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Um...I totally thought I commented on this post earlier because I TOTALLY loved your list...but um...blonde moment? (I'm having more and more of those lately.)

    Anyway...I was coming back to tell you that you won a blog award! (yay-tosses confetti)

    http://ramblingsofawannabescribe.blogspot.com/2009/12/is-there-anything-left-to-share.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. I listen to a whole bunch of Hans Zimmer. I Celebrate his entire catalog ;-). Black Hawk Down and Gladiator are my faves. I rarely listen to music with lyrics when contemplating writing or actually writing. I get too distracted. If I could figure out how to strip Tom Waits songs of words I would. He has some really cool vibes. Thanks for sharing your playlist.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love when you have things to add :)