"WORDS ARE, IN MY NOT-SO-HUMBLE OPINION, OUR MOST INEXHAUSTIBLE SOURCE OF MAGIC. CAPABLE OF BOTH INFLICTING INJURY, AND REMEDYING IT." ~ALBUS DUMBLEDORE

Monday, May 2, 2011

Photos and Math and My Quasi-Cross Country Trip Part I

Start with:
Two ridiculously cute kitties.
(And my sister and her husband and me. But still. LOOK at these little cuties.)


MINUS
one attempt to eat BBQ. The line was too long, so we got hot dogs instead!




(Pictures taken in Nashville, where I got to meet up with the one and only CJ Redwine! We didn't meet downtown and I didn't get any pictures, but I SWEAR it happened! She's just as sweet and funny in person as she is online!)

PLUS
one trip to visit The King







Beautiful. Just beautiful.
Elvis played songs for friends on this piano the day he died




RIP



Taking Care of Business :)

PLUS
The Peabody Marching Ducks

Me and Liz pretending we're ducks... 
PLUS
One amazeballs day/night in Memphis


Huh?
Beale Street, Baby!
We're a little messy when we eat ribs.
But, dude, they were SO GOOD.
All cleaned up!
Fabulous Johnny Cash cover band!!


And this... pretty much shows you how our vision was working by the end of the night...
MINUS
A day in Kansas City which I spent vomiting. Due to a little thing called Salmonella. I still can't eat chicken. (No pictures) (You're welcome)

PLUS
A day in Dodge City, where we played around at Boot Hill & Front Street  for a while.








Ummmmm... Creepy
Pretty!
Wyatt Earp!! SO COOL.
Yippy Ki Aye
And, okay. That doesn't really make sense to say. But I still wanted to say it. Because it's western. Right?



We went from here to here


A kinda pretty wreath, right?
Until you click on the picture to make it bigger, read the caption below it, and find out:
IT'S MADE FROM HUMAN FREAKING HAIR.
*barfs*
PLUS
Santa Fe Trail Tracks




Just thought these little flowers were pretty... and also random. 
PLUS
Colorado!


CO pictures will be in my next post...

Because omg.

This post is already so. freaking. long. I'm sure your eyes are blurred. And I heart you, so I want to save your eyesight. Because I'm so nice.

(It might also have to do with it taking forever to put pictures in here... But that's neither here nor there.)

QOTD: Other than the state you live in, which state did you visit last, and what was your favorite thing about it?

AOTD: The last state I visited was Kentucky--which was NOT a part of my Colorado trip. We went over Easter weekend to visit el hubster's family. Which was my favorite part :) That, and the horse races!

14 comments:

  1. How cool were those pics? Thanks for sharing! In 2 weeks, I'll be visiting New York for the very first time. Needless to say, I'm quite excited. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your sister are adorable together, you make eating ribs fashionable ;). Glad you had fun minus the food poisoning! Dude--your sis looks like Kate Beckinsale #justsayin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I last visited Maryland, and my favorite things about it were Annapolis and the Chesapeake Bay!

    Can't wait to see the CO pictures. I've had a longing for Boulder since I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures--looks like it was a fun trip. The last state I've been too was over the weekend. I met my best friends for dinner in Maryland. Does that count?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. You've been busy! You and your sister are precious!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures and thanks for sharing. I would love to see Graceland some day, maybe I'll do a big roadtrip. It looks like so much fun.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing trip!!! I loved seeing Nashville and Memphis again. Memphis is prolly my fav of those two. I love the you being a duck pic. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the photos...photo tours are my FAVORITE!

    We recently visited Boston, MA and it was SO MUCH FUN! (as evidenced by my use of capital letters, obviously.) And my favorite thing (besides the Red Sox) was the architecture. So pretty.

    PS-the human hair thing creeped me out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. AHHHH LOVE THESE PICTURES!!!! So glad you had such a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. What an amazing trip! And what a crazy cat pose that second one has going!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun! I've never done a long road trip, but I've always wanted to.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pictures pictures pictures!! Yay! Looks like you had a blast! I want to go to all those places and eat all those foods minus the salmonella chicken and see all those things minus wreath of human hair! Yeah!! Total fun. You and Liz are so cute together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely shots~

    the kitties are so cute~ :3

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the pictures! And this was math I could get on board with! :)

    Neat to see your sis, too!!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love when you have things to add :)