"WORDS ARE, IN MY NOT-SO-HUMBLE OPINION, OUR MOST INEXHAUSTIBLE SOURCE OF MAGIC. CAPABLE OF BOTH INFLICTING INJURY, AND REMEDYING IT." ~ALBUS DUMBLEDORE

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Mayjah Contest

Sarah Wylie, of Sarah with a Chance, recently sold her book! In a two-book deal!  Here's what Publisher's Marketplace had to say:

Sarah Wylie's debut ALL THESE LIVES, pitched as a literary YA My Sister's Keeper, about a girl who believes she has nine lives and copes with her fraternal twin sister's leukemia by setting out to rid herself of all her extra lives, only to discover that she might have only the one life after all, to Margaret Ferguson at Margaret Ferguson Books, in a two-book deal, at auction, by Suzie Townsend at FinePrint Literary Management (NA).

So, as if that's not awesome enough? She's having a super huge celebratory contest--seriously, you've never seen a contest as sweet as this one. It is made of win.

  • Lucky Winner will receive a critique of their first 30-40 pages by the fabulous Suzie Townsend + a pack of Twizzlers + a copy of Hex Hall
  • Lucky Winners will receive a query letter critique by one of these three agent extraordinaires: Kathleen Ortiz, Joanna Stampfel-Volpe, or Colleen Lindsay (One agent will be randomly assigned to each winner.)
  • 1 Winner will receive a writer's survival guide consisting of Twizzlers, a copy of Silver Phoenix and When You Reach Me, and a cute notebook and pen
  • Lucky winner will score a lunch date with THE Janet Reid and THE Suzie Townsend. It's not a free trip to NYC. BUT if you live in the NYC area, or whenever you're visiting NYC? You. Janet. Suzie. LUNCH.

Yeah, so are you salivating yet? It's really easy to enter! Go sign up! (Or... you know, DON'T. So I have a better chance... Yeah, if you love me you'll just bypass this contest. What? You don't love me enough to skip it? FINE. Ugh.)

♥ me

7 comments:

  1. You crack me up! That picture is priceless!

    Thanks for the reminder ;o)

    Visit My Kingdom Anytime

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great contest -- thanks for posting it, although I'm sorry, I AM going to enter. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat contest.

    That picture is awesome! Having several cats in the house, and seeing similar actions, I know that a cat would do just that. I've had cats try to get into fast food bags and it's hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was all over it the day she posted. Now you've just narrowed my chances.

    No Disney World for you. I retract my offer!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, I am now seeing this contest everywhere. And I have yet to enter! Silly Carol. Shall remedy that. Unless you would rather I leave more chances for you to win. I mean, that would be a VERY expensive lunch date for me, since I live out in BFE.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Contest or no, that picture is freakin awesome! LOL I love those pics.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love when you have things to add :)