"WORDS ARE, IN MY NOT-SO-HUMBLE OPINION, OUR MOST INEXHAUSTIBLE SOURCE OF MAGIC. CAPABLE OF BOTH INFLICTING INJURY, AND REMEDYING IT." ~ALBUS DUMBLEDORE

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I mean, I really couldn't have said it better . . .

source

So, what's up with you guys? Reading anything that's got you spellbound these days? 


Two books recently affected me this way: Chime (Franny Billingsley) and Blood Red Road (Moira Young). I so so SO highly recommend them both!

Also, how fabulous is Colin Firth? I adore him.

xoxo

13 comments:

  1. Oh, I LOVE Colin too. I'd seriously date him in a heartbeat. Especially now that he said such an awesome thing about novels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet another reason to adore Colin Firth. As if I needed one... *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, CHIME was one of the BEST things I read this year! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds as though I will be reading Chime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to check those out! I haven't heard of Chime, but I've heard wonderful things about Blood Red Road. Thanks for the rec's and the Firth. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Pinterest, thank you for helping so many of us with our posts lately. ;)

    I loved Chime, too.

    Love,
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love him. And both of those books are on my tbr list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well-said! I recently read The Book Thief by Markus Zusak and felt exactly how Colin says it. Those are my favorite books, the ones that stick with you far beyond where you left off!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't think I could love Colin Firth anymore. Love to be proven wrong. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Reading Pat Rothfuss' the Name Of The Wind.

    Damn, it hurts so good to know I will never approach his skill with words.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE when a book makes me feel that way. Recently...Boy Toy by Barry Lyga and Shut Out. To be honest, I've read a lot of books this summer that have left me spell bound!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love when you have things to add :)