"WORDS ARE, IN MY NOT-SO-HUMBLE OPINION, OUR MOST INEXHAUSTIBLE SOURCE OF MAGIC. CAPABLE OF BOTH INFLICTING INJURY, AND REMEDYING IT." ~ALBUS DUMBLEDORE

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

For Writers, By Writers

One of the best things I've discovered about the online writing community so far is the willingness of other writers to offer insight and tips about the craft. Maybe it's out of the goodness of our hearts... Maybe it's because we want to build brands for ourselves/make ourselves more marketable... Maybe it's for something else entirely. But whatever the purpose of the posts, they often contain very valuable information about the industry.

I have an Internet favorites folder titled "writing". This folder houses several subfolders: "agents to query", "writing tips", "inspiration", "editing info", etc. Whenever I come across a website, or blog post, that's really helpful, I save it to one of my writing folders.

Today, I wanted to point out some of my favorite writing blog posts from the past few weeks. Enjoy!!
There are lots of fabulous posts out there--this list is just a fraction of what I've bookmarked. I promise to continue sharing what I find helpful!

Oh, and PS. I'm awfully close to 100 followers. When I reach that magic number, I just may have a super awesome contest... Just sayin'

♥ me

20 comments:

  1. Wow, thanks for these!

    I am def. trying to become apart of that "community of writers".

    Looking forward to more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! thanks for providing us with all these links, Sara. Awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I've seen a lot of these, but I'm off to check out the others - Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a really awesome post! Thanks for all the info and links. It's much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you like my writing brain twin? I have a post scheduled for later this week to be about my favorite blog topics that have helped me as a writer and blog shout outs. I'll have to tweak it now.

    GO 100! I want a contest! Wahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great collection! Thanks for the links. I also love the online writing community! It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWESOME list, good lady. 'Cause, uh, I'm on it. Hey, you got to do it with Iapetus's post, so why can't I?

    And yes, it seems that super-awesome contests are de rigeur for the 100 follower mark. I'll be there in about 20 myself, so don't take my contest idea, okay? Now I just have to think of a contest idea so you can't take it. Um...

    Happy almost New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, I love link lists. I'm off to check these out. And thanks for linking to me as well. :) Glad you found the post helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great list! I hadn't seen a lot of these. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read a lot of these posts, so I'll check them out. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG Great idea with the folder of helpful links! I'm going to go do that right now! Thanks for this post and for listing me! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. :)
    I will be checking some of those out.
    Thanks for the mention!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks sweetheart for linking my blog!

    Can't stay long, rushing out to check out the others :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing these links! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cool, Sarah!! I am now crazy impressed with your organizational skills. OMG, you should see my favorites--it's pathetic. It takes me ages to find anything--no organization whatsoever. I will definitely check out your links! Thanks for posting them, Awesomer! P.S. Thank you so kindly for linking to my blog. You are so generous. Truly truly yep yep. <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're an amazing writing resource yourself. And ironically, your post is now in MY writer-y link favorites folder. OOOH, cool. Thank you kindly for the linkage! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That YALitChat sounds great! Thanks for listing my guest post--I was pretty chuffed to have INTERN on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great links, Sara!

    P.S.
    That song you left on our blog had me ROLLING. You are hilarious. You need to post that on your blog for everyone to admire.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sara! Sorry I missed this yesterday. I was stuck in video editing-litereary editing Hell and didn't really do much blog hopping. Thank you SO much for the shout out-you are AWESOME! And yay-a contest? Ooo, here's hoping you get 7 more followers soon!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for the great links, Sara. And the how-to on keeping links organized was especially helpful. Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love when you have things to add :)