"WORDS ARE, IN MY NOT-SO-HUMBLE OPINION, OUR MOST INEXHAUSTIBLE SOURCE OF MAGIC. CAPABLE OF BOTH INFLICTING INJURY, AND REMEDYING IT." ~ALBUS DUMBLEDORE

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a WINNER! Well. Three actually :-)

First of all... I just have to say that you guys are ALL awesome :-)  My 100 Followers contest had 30 individual entrants who wracked up a combined total of 132 points!!  You guys rock!!!

I originally planned to use random.org to select the winner, but that site only makes a random numbered list... And Nelson was already asleep when I was tallying everything and I didn't want to choose the number myself. (Okay, I know it wouldn't really matter because I'm sure you guys trust me, but still!) So, instead I used the Interactive Fruit Machine to pick the two winners! (So thanks to Lisa & Laura, because I learned about the IFM from them!)

Sooooooooo... Now for the important part!!

In FIRST PLACE, winning not one... not two... but THREE books, we have NISA!! Of Wordplay, Swordplay: The Magic of Writing

Congrats, Nisa! As soon as I have your mailing address, I'll send you these awesome babies:


Coming in second is KELLY!! Of Kelly's Compositions!!

Congrats, Kelly! As soon as I have your mailing address, I'll send you these awesome babies:
  • Lament AND Ballad (by Maggie Stiefvater)
    Dangerous faeries. Otherwordly music. Unrequited love. Deirdre Monaghan and her best friend James Morgan's lives change forever as they encounter the vicious and beautiful world of Faerie.

Okay, and I have to give a shout out to Heather, from See. Heather. Write... Because, I swear, it felt like every time I signed on to twitter I had a new @saramcclung reply from her about my contest! With the proportion of her points to everyone else's I could NOT believe she wasn't chosen!  So, Heather... You win the previously unannounced 3rd place!  If you send me your mailing address, you've got a $10 Borders gift card coming your way :-)


Thanks so much to everyone who participated!  Next contest happens when my b-friend list hits 200.

♥ me

16 comments:

  1. Congrats to all of the winners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That was the best thing to wake up to! Now 5:00am doesn't seem so bad. Haha! Thanks so much for hosting this, Sara! I can't wait to dig into those books! I'll head over to my inbox now!! And I might even try to tone down the exclamation points... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, phooey. Now I have to buy those books for myself. The writing ones, I mean. Not the YA romance ones. (Though I confess, I just borrowed Twilight from one of my wife's friends, just to see what the fuss is all about. ZOMG, like Edward is teh roxor. Team Jacob ftw!!?!?!! LOLOLOL....)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah buddy! I need some new books to read and I love her! THis is awesome....it's like a late Christmas present, but better!

    Simon- I would love to read a post about your Twilight experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sara, you are the coolest. What a great thing to do for Heather!

    Congrats Nisa, Kelly, and Heather! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw! Simon stole the words right out of my mouth. Like, seriously, verbatim. Haha! But big congrats to the winners. These are awesome books, and totally worth buying on my own. Superb contest, dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh never mind. He only stole the first 2 sentences. The rest I would never say. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to the winners, though I am secretly jealous because I wanted to win lol.

    Better luck next time to all of us who tried right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to the winners! : )

    For everyone else...at least it's Wednesday, right?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats to the winners!! Lucky you :)

    I'm off to check out the fruit machine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, Sara!! That was so sweet of you! You really didn't have to do that but I definitely appreciate it :) I clearly really wanted to win but now I get to choose any book I want! I've been eying books on craft since I can't help but think I need work when I'm surrounded by amazing writers at my conference, so I'm sure I'll pick one of those. Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! Congrats to all the winners :o) Those are great prizes and an awesome contest too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats to all the winners!

    Lucky buggers. Good books too.... just saying :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Holy ----! How on earth do you get all of this done??? Contests, posts, and DONNA SUMMER...make it stop....make it stop...how do I turn off the music? Love that song, love disco (no apologies) but I can't read and listen at the same time. I have the concentration of a flea.
    I'd like to learn about how you make your blog site so beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Woot! Congrats to the winners. What great prizes. :)

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love when you have things to add :)