"WORDS ARE, IN MY NOT-SO-HUMBLE OPINION, OUR MOST INEXHAUSTIBLE SOURCE OF MAGIC. CAPABLE OF BOTH INFLICTING INJURY, AND REMEDYING IT." ~ALBUS DUMBLEDORE

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Last Chance

Turn up the volume for a fun song while you read... and sing along with my new, improved lyrics!

Last dance, last chance for entering my contest
Yes, it's your last chance, for winning tonight
I need you blogging, beside tweeting, and to comment
To hold me, to follow me
'Cause when I blog I'm so, so funny

So let's enter it's the last chance
Let's go the last chance
Let's dance this last dance today

Last dance, last chance for entering my contest
Yes, it's your last chance, for winning tonight
I need you blogging, beside tweeting, and to comment
To hold me, to follow me
'Cause when I blog I'm so, so funny

So let's enter it's the last chance
Let's go the last chance
Let's dance this last dance today

Oh, I need your comments
To guide me, on what to blog about
To let me, get to know you
'Cause when I blog I want to know my followers

So, come on baby, enter now!
Come on baby, you know you wanna
Come on baby, enter my contest!


************
Alright, so by now you get it... Today's the LAST day of my contest!! I'm letting random.org pick the winner TONIGHT! So if you haven't entered yet, this is your last chance! 

Oh, and if you've blogged about the contest, MAKE SURE you left the link in the comments section... Either on this post or the original.

Reminders:

It's a points-based contest, with first and second prizes! Here are the rules:
  1. You must be a follower to enter.
  2. Each point you earn will give you one entry... get 15 points? you get 15 entries!
  3. All entries will be added to a spreadsheet and I will use random.org to select the two winners!
  4. You can live anywhere in the world to win!
  5. Entries close at 11:59PM ET on Tuesday, January 19th.
Here are the point values:
  • 2pts -- Leave a comment on this post and tell me the following TWO things:
          1) what your favorite babbling flow post has been so far,
          2) a topic you'd like to see me post about in the future
  • 1pt -- Tweet about this contest (up to 2 points per day)
         **Make sure to add @saramcclung to the tweet so I can keep track
         **Also, let me know if your twitter name is different than your username!
  • 5pts -- Blog about this contest
         **Make sure to let me know about the post so I count it!
  • 3pts -- Refer a follower to this blog, who mentions that you're the reason they're here
And here are the PRIZES!!

FIRST PLACE
3 Books!

SECOND PLACE
2 Books!
  • Lament AND Ballad (by Maggie Stiefvater)
    Dangerous faeries. Otherwordly music. Unrequited love. Deirdre Monaghan and her best friend James Morgan's lives change forever as they encounter the vicious and beautiful world of Faerie.


**Playlist removed by author

♥ me

8 comments:

  1. Ok, so here goes. I began following you about 1 week or so ago, so I'm new. My favorite post since I saw you was the one about your old poems that you thought sucked, but were actually pretty clever :) I'd like to see you post something about your organization process for writing a novel, if you have one. i.e. do you outline chapters, or just let it flow? (2 pts)

    I added the contest to my blog (5 pts)

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay don't laugh when I say that I WOULD LOVE to win SECOND PLACE... lol - those two are in my TO BUY pile, course you also have the Dark Divine & the writing books for first place... OH SARA! PICK ME PICK ME!!! ;o)

    Favorite post: I have three!:
    1. On Fear & Baring your Soul - this one really is a collaborative post when you re-post someone else's entry, but no matter, it resonated with me that day.
    2. Scenes that Matter - I still have this one bookmarked
    3. Fiction Chilli - girl you nailed this one!
    Future Post: I just love your tips and all the stories that showcase your own trials/successes - keep 'em coming!

    Oh & you are on my sidebar - don't know if it matters in points, but you just are ;o)

    of course I am a follower! why would I not follow the AWESOME BABBLING SCRIBBLER!! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Princess - 2nd place, baby! I can't wait to see who Random picks. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I already entered, but I just wanted to tell you how cute you and your song are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to read about the top three books and movies that have affected your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite post so far is: (drum roll please) Sucky Dialogue.

    That post was FABULOUS!

    Click here to visit my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great lyrics :)

    Crossing my fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sara, you are the best song writer in the world. I always thought so, but this proves it. Now, will you please vlog this? Would love to hear you sing it. Especially this line: "Cause when I blog, I'm so, so funny!"

    Classic, m'dear. Truly. That will now be stuck in my head forever.

    And if I haven't done so already, please please enter me in your awesome contest!!! I'm gonna go tweet-a-leet right now. It's totally last minute, so you don't have to count it cause I'm such a tool for waiting. But I want to Tweet it anyway cuz I like you.

    ReplyDelete