"WORDS ARE, IN MY NOT-SO-HUMBLE OPINION, OUR MOST INEXHAUSTIBLE SOURCE OF MAGIC. CAPABLE OF BOTH INFLICTING INJURY, AND REMEDYING IT." ~ALBUS DUMBLEDORE

Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy 2010!!



It's that time of year!  Time to make my... <insert drum roll>...

(Writing)
New Year Resolutions!


"You Pick Two"
aka: I'd take two out of the three if push came to shove...
  • Find a fabulous agent
  • Get published by a kickass publishing agency
  • Make millions

"Free Shipping"
aka: I have control over these things... no shipping/querying/begging required...
  • Write new (stand alone) project--first draft complete by end of March
  • Write second book in Shattered Trilogy (tentatively titled: Pieces of Pearls)
  • Write third book in Shattered Trilogy OR second stand alone novel
  • Balance time better between being a wife and a writer
  • Host at least four blog contests
  • Be more responsive to comments left on The Babbling Flow (sorry about the recent lack thereof! the past few weeks have been crazy hectic with holiday visitors/anniversaries/laziness...)
  • Read at least 150 books

 "Buy One, Get One Half Off"
aka: 100% chance that I'll go to one of these, 50% chance I'll go to both
  • LA SCBWI Conference in July
  • Weeklong Writing Workshop at the Amalfi Coast Music & Arts Festival

 "ACCESSORIZE"
aka: these would be really nice add-ons!
  • Increase blog followership to at least 250
  • Write fourth book in 2010
  • Celebrate with my CPs when each of them becomes agented/published!!



How I'll be spending my first day of 2010:
  • taking my sister and her kitties to the airport
    (sad face... tears actually... sobfest 2010 & an entire box of tissues demolished)
  • writing an almost kiss scene from Frankie's No Kiss Blogfest
    (happy face, in writing cap)
  • finish reading Shannon's chapters... that I promised her like a WEEK ago!
    (apologetic cringe and then happy face, in editing cap)
  • start my NEW project!!
    (SUPER GRINNING FACE)
  • plan my entry for LTWF's Book Trailer Contest
    (furrowed brows & lips bitten... nervous because I'm technologically challenged... I'd never be able to do something like
    THIS)

What are YOU up to?

♥ me

9 comments:

  1. My writing goal isn't title specific, just 312,000 words by November 1st. That's about 1k a day :o)

    I'm also sending off 6 short stories this year.

    Still unsure about the querying and polishing for this year. The crystal ball says the outlook is hazy. It depends on how much I can get my butt in the chair and actually write. Some of that is will power, and some part is how much RL will interfere with my schedule.

    Good luck with your goals! I'll look forward to cheering you on.


    P.S. I like your playlist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I love your headings. Good luck with your goals! And it looks like you've got a busy first day so good luck with that too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great list of goals. I think I would like the first set, too:) Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great goals Sara, and I love the subtitles! Looks like 2010 is going to be a great year :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You crack me up AND make me feel rather pathetic as you're way more organized than I am. But I know you'll meet ALL of these goals (Though I won't be too disappointed in you if the millions come in 2011). And of course, I will do a happy dance for you when you find your agent! See you in LA, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Liana - it's been instrumental with brainstorming my new WIP :-) Good luck with your goals too! I might try to do a few short stories also...

    Nickles - thanks! I DO have a busy writing first day and you know what I've done so far? Took a 6 hour nap. haha looks like I'm going to be up late tonight!

    Frankie, Melissa, Jemi - thanks! And believe me - I'm counting on ya to keep me on track this year :-)

    Carol, you are so not pathetic, haha. Dude, this is going to be both our years... I can feel it! I heart you Crittie!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent goals, Sara.

    I dearly hope you're successful in every single one of them. After all, I've always wanted a friend who owns an Island. Just saying.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh, I never give myself writing goals cause I'm terrified of failure and if I actually write it down I'll be all pressured and bleh and ARRRRGH. I hope your new year is off to a fantastic start.

    (I quit smoking and am this.close to homicidal rage.)

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love when you have things to add :)